Monday, April 02, 2007

Bookmark of the Week: No. 8

With all the information gleaned from a recent blog of the TLS editor, I decided to bring out this bookmarker. It was a time when Halley's Comet was perhaps, for the average citizen, the only well-known periodic event in the sky besides the Pleiades. Twenty years later and the changes have been immense. It does seem a golden age of information exchange. Technology and the internet have given us access to so much information it is truly astonishing. I receive regular updates from the Cassini-Huygens mission and I really only have a passing curiosity in it all, but it is always fascinating to learn of the latest developments such as the lakes found on Saturn's Titan, just as it is likewise fascinating to learn of the latest developments in Tony Blair's political orbit. Well, almost.

As to the 1985-86 comet pass, living in downtown Montreal at the time rather precluded any viewing, but I am quite sure I saw it in a magazine. At least I think I did.

This bookmark was issued by Sky & Telescope magazine.

No comments: